RE + DEI and OD Consultant
The Racial Equity + Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (RE+DEI) and Organizational Development (OD) Consultant is a thought leader and strategic partner to Equius clients in delivering RE+DEI and OD solutions. They will contribute to the long-term success of clients’ RE+DEI strategies through assessment, design, creation, and implementation. Building the organization’s capacity to incorporate principles of racial equity and DEI into their decision-making processes. The primary responsibility of this role will be to develop multi-prong solutions that will change hearts and minds, behaviors, and structures to transform organizational cultures and embed RE+ DEI in all facets of the clients’ work. More broadly, this role will provide consultation and coaching to leaders to view their organizations holistically and enable them to make system wide changes that shape culture, increase stakeholder engagement, improve leader, and team effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will bring analytic and diagnostic skills, deep empathy, compassion, and love for humans in organizations. You will be committed to dismantling racism and other “isms” to create a more just, inclusive, and equitable world. If you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and believe that when smart, passionate, caring people collaborate, remarkable things happen, keep reading!
WHO WE ARE
Equius Group is a rapidly growing Organizational Development consulting firm whose work is to advance organizations and communities through systems change, capacity building and cultural transformation. Our Vision is to create a more just, inclusive, and equitable world one organization at a time – one human at a time. We have been working in the DEI space for more than twenty years, centering Racial Equity (RE) since 2012. Our services span a wide spectrum of OD and leadership development projects; however, the bulk of our work is in helping organizations develop, operationalize RE+DEI strategies, and build the internal capacity to achieve them.
Our people are core to everything we do – they are the key to our ability to create impact and exceed client expectations. We focus on relationships and each other. We work together and support each other to flourish. We share credit for successes and collectively own when things don’t work out as planned. Job descriptions are porous, and our roles are continually shifting and evolving to exceed client expectations and facilitate our personal and professional growth goals. We value curiosity. It is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of being. Of learning. Of working. Our people matter here, and they feel it.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Relationship-building: You develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, partners, and accomplices. You have high emotional intelligence and able to utilize these skills to successfully connect and engage with learners to navigate difficult conversations and deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice: You recognize the role of race, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and other intersecting identities in shaping disparate outcomes. You recognize how your own identities show up in the work, and welcome, reflect on and act on feedback with an eye toward continuous learning about oppression, power, and advantage.
- Drive to achieve results: You have a track record of accomplishing ambitious goals and getting results even when there are obstacles. You set a high bar and meet it, because you anticipate hurdles and generate thoughtful, creative solutions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a curious nature: You believe, dream, and do. You are interested in discovering, knowing more about the world around you, and approach situations with openness and wonder. You think critically about what is, dream about what could be and then make the leap. You take calculated risks and believe that together we can bend reality. Your passion and curiosity enable you to connect, innovate, inspire, and influence.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Encouragement and support to bring your whole and authentic self to work. We work hard every day to practice internally what we preach with our clients externally and work to create a prototype for the just, inclusive, and equitable world in which we want to live. We strive to be an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization where everyone feels and knows that they are valued and belong.
- Collective impact – there are no solo practitioners at Equius working in silos. We dream and problem solve together, collaborate, and co-create solutions. We give each other space to think, breathe, and be with an understanding that we learn and process information differently. However, we know that the BEST ideas are generated, and our impact maximized when we work together.
- The ability to make our world a more just and equitable place where everyone can achieve more and flourish by helping organizations to eliminate institutional barriers to inclusion and leverage their institutional power in service to liberation for all of us. Helping to dismantle systems that perpetuate disparate outcomes and oppression. It is the cumulative effect of these efforts, large and small, that will change our world.
- A platform to amplify the voices of people, groups and communities that have been historically and continue to be marginalized and create spaces for them to grow and exercise their agency in service to our collective liberation.
- A priority on growing and developing personally and professionally in service of both our clients and your personal hopes and aspirations.
- A deep sense of pride, fulfillment, and satisfaction from being a critical element in Equius’ continued economic growth, unique brand, and influence as a Black woman-owned business.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead and conduct organizational RE+ DEI assessments and gap analysis. Identify strengths, opportunities, gaps, risks, challenges, and concrete, actionable, outcome driven solutions to embed RE+DEI into organizational structures, processes, programs, and decision-making.
- Develop, administer, and analyze survey and other client data to identify drivers of engagement and develop strategies to grow and sustain engagement.
- Lead focus groups and listening sessions, conduct interviews, and facilitate working sessions to gather data, plan, create alignment and solve difficult problems.
- Partner with the Learning Solutions Practice team in developing and helping facilitate RE+DEI learning experiences for clients based on needs and gaps identified during the organizational DEI assessment and gap analysis.
- Research existing and best practices in RE+DEI and OD across industries and develop new tools and programming in innovative ways to support diversity and change strategies.
- Serve as a positive change agent. Influence the development of inclusive behaviors, practices and systems thinking to propel individual and organizational growth.
- Bring your entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, creativity, daring to be different, obsession with collaboration, humility, and BIG thinking to the Equius table to drive continuous improvement and business growth.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or related field or the equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this role
- Subject matter expertise in diversity, racial equity, anti-racism, equity and inclusion principles, frameworks for analyzing racism and other oppression based on level of system impacted, techniques and tools for identifying and mitigating bias and discrimination, and an awareness of issues of groups and people along various dimensions of diversity
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in RE/DEI consulting (internal or external), developing and managing RE/DEI initiatives or programs or racial equity and DEI training or education
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, analyze results, and draw conclusions from which action may be taken ensuring that solutions address root cause, and measurable impact
- Experience with developing and implementing strategies to drive organizational culture change, facilitating team development and effectiveness, and facilitating change and transition management broadly
- Experience developing strategies to improve employee engagement a plus
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, in a way that manages sensitivity, sense of urgency, and caring for the whole person
- Ability to have fun at work, help teammates feel good about themselves, and find ways to make others laugh and smile. Our work is serious, but we don’t always have to be!
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This position is based in Cleveland, OH, and relocation assistance is not provided. Equius Group employees work from home and meet with each other and clients in person as needed. We will consider candidates that reside within three hours of Cleveland.
- Equius Group is a Black woman owned business and we are committed to RE + DEI in all aspects of our work. We strongly encourage applications from all without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other protected status. We will attempt to make reasonable accommodations to support the fulfillment of any physical requirements of this position.
- Employees are required to have high speed internet access sufficient for quality video conferencing.
- Employees will be provided a laptop for work and will receive a monthly stipend to offset the cost of cell phone usage and internet service along with other expenses related to working remotely.
- Employees receive generous paid time off and have access to flexible work options.
- Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.