Director, Learning Solutions & Leadership Development Programs, Equius Group LLC
The Director, Learning Solutions & Leadership Development Programs will lead, accelerate, and scale the Equius learning and development practice. Your primary responsibility is to design and deliver high-quality learning solutions related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and Racial Equity (RE.) Additionally, the Director, Learning Solutions and Leadership Development Programs will develop and deliver relevant and timely programs that build the skills and capabilities of leaders to navigate in today’s complex world successfully and drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and communities. You will ensure that Equius has a dynamic portfolio of leading-edge learning and development solutions.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Relationship-building: You develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, partners, and allies. You have high emotional intelligence and utilize these skills to successfully connect and engage with learners to navigate difficult conversations and deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice: You recognize the role of race, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and other intersecting identities in shaping disparate outcomes. You recognize how your own identities show up in the work, and welcome, reflect on and act on feedback with an eye toward continuous learning about race, abilities, and other dimensions of diversity.
- Drive to achieve results: You have a track record of accomplishing ambitious goals and getting results even when there are obstacles. You set a high bar and meet it because you anticipate hurdles and develop thoughtful solutions.
- Inclusive leadership and management: You approach leadership with a mindset of “power with” rather than “power over” and regularly include others in decision-making. You have experience managing people and multiple projects, ensuring that neither slips through the cracks. You lead by influence and not by position.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a curious nature: You believe; therefore, you do. You are interested in discovering, knowing more about the world around you, and approach situations with openness and wonder. You think critically about what is, dream about what could be, and then take the calculated risk and bend reality. Your passion and curiosity enable you to connect, innovate, inspire, and influence.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Encouragement and support to bring your whole self to work. There is no need to “cover” at Equius. We work hard every day to practice internally what we preach with our clients externally – to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive, anti-racist organization where everyone knows that they are valued and belong.
- The opportunity to make our world a more equitable and just place where everyone can achieve more and flourish by helping organizations eliminate institutional barriers to inclusion and leverage their institutional power and privilege to help dismantle systems that perpetuate disparate outcomes and oppression. It is the cumulative effect of these steps, large and small, that will change the world.
- The opportunity to amplify the voices of individuals, groups, and communities that have been and continue to be marginalized. To cultivate spaces that support their growth in service to collective liberation.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally in service to our clients and your own hopes and aspirations.
- A deep sense of pride, fulfillment, and satisfaction from contributing to Equius’ continued economic growth, unique brand, and influence as a Black woman-owned business.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Drive continuous improvement, innovation, and scalability of learning and development solutions, programs, and initiatives to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop a portfolio of learning solutions and programs, both standardized and bespoke, for organizations and stand-alone programs for public audiences.
- Research, design, and deliver high-quality learning content and supporting materials across multiple modalities utilizing various technologies and instructional techniques to achieve high-impact, measurable learner outcomes. Training will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on Racial Equity, DEI, and leadership development.
- Ensure that learning content is grounded in qualitative and quantitative research. Ensure delivery and facilitation methods are grounded in learning theory appropriate to the audience and best practices in contemporary training, learning, and development.
- Develop and maintain a network of diverse, like-minded consultants Equius can tap to support our learning and development programming initiatives.
- Serve as a trainer and coach to colleagues in the development of their training and facilitation skills.
- Provide consulting support on DEI engagements.
- Serve as a positive change agent. Advance our clients’ efforts to embed DEI, racial equity, and justice in all facets of their work.
- Tap into your entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, obsession with collaboration, and BIG thinking to the Equius table to drive transformational change and business growth.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred, in instructional design, adult learning, human resources, organizational development, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this role.
- A passion for developing, motivating, and coaching with the demonstrated ability to create and sustain strong working partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Subject matter expertise in diversity, racial equity, anti-racism, equity and inclusion principles, racism as a systemic issue, techniques and tools for mitigating bias and discrimination, and an awareness of issues of groups and people along various dimensions of diversity. A minimum of five years of experience in RE/DEI training, consulting, program development, or other experiences in developing, supporting, and implementing RE/DEI solutions.
- Progressive experience in learning and development where you designed and created appealing learning materials delivered training across multiple modalities and utilized various instructional techniques with a minimum of four years of experience developing and delivering RE/DEI specific training.
- Demonstrated skills to effectively facilitate your “classroom” to foster healthy, productive learning and demonstrated skills to engage learners and transfer knowledge.
- Experience delivering leadership development programs and courses preferred.
- Tech-savvy – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced skills in PowerPoint and authoring tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, Illustrator, Canva, and working knowledge of e-learning authoring software such as Camtasia, Storyline, or Rise 360 a plus.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, with a sense of urgency while caring for the whole person.
- Ability to have fun at work, promote camaraderie, and find ways to make others laugh. This work is often heavy; expressions of joy are essential.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This position is based in the Cleveland, OH, area. Equius Group employees work from home and meet with each other and work with clients in person as required based on contracted services.
- Employees are required to have high-speed internet access sufficient for quality video conferencing.
- Employees will be provided a laptop for work and receive a monthly stipend to offset cell phone usage and internet service costs, and other expenses related to working remotely.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is Monday, October 4th.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $72,000 commensurate with experience